National Drug Take Back Day
Saturday, October 23, 2021
10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Participating Locations in Somerset County
- Skowhegan Police Department
Fairfield Police Department
- Pittsfield Police Department*
- Maine State Police, Troop C Barracks
- Somerset County Sheriff's Office
- Somerset County Sheriff's Office—Madison Division
- Somerset County Sheriff's Office—Jackman Division
*9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Medications for pets
Liquids in leak-proof containers
Bloody or infectious waste|
Medications from businesses/clinics
Everyday Take Back Locations
You can also bring your medication to a drop box in your area at any time—no questions asked. You can find drop boxes at the following locations in Somerset and Kennebec counties.
Safely Dispose at Home
If a drug take back or collection program is not available in your area, you can dispose of your medications at home. Here's how:
1. Take your prescription drugs out of their original containers.
2. Mix drugs with an undesirable substance such as cat litter or used coffee grounds.
3. Put this mixture into a disposable container with a lid, such as an empty butter tub, or into a sealable bag.
4. Conceal or remove personal information, including prescription number, on the empty drug containers by covering it with permanent marker or duct tape or by scratching it off.
5. Place the empty drug containers and the sealed container with the mixture in the trash.